Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 13 - Connected Careers

Madden 13 - Connected Careers

Apparently the super star, franchise offline, franchise online are dead and they are all rolled into one with Connected Careers. Sounds good from the article link below. But I do have some concerns for our 32 man franchise on the how it starts and works...

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...developer-blog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxrE...ature=youtu.be

Cool vid that shows the commish options and the process to start the fran from coach mode.

Here is some key points from the Connected Careers for Madden 13.

Extended Injuries

Players can get hurt in Connected Careers and those injuries can sometimes last into the offseason or possibly into the following year.

Lower the Boom!

Players can retire in Connected Careers at any point in the offseason. You might think you had a great draft until you find out that your starting running back is hanging up his cleats for good and you need to scramble to find a replacement.

Don’t Call it a Comeback

Every now and then a player or coach might retire and come back the following season. Who? When? How often? You’ll just have to find out for yourselves.

Don’t Call it a Comeback: The Sequel

Sometimes a player or coach who is not even in the rosters at the start of the game might come out of retirement in your league. Cue jaws dropping.

Dynamic Scouting Storylines

We wanted to make sure that scouting meant something in Connected Careers, so we’ve created storylines for specific players in each draft class that can dynamically change throughout the season. This creates an emotional connection with the players you scout throughout the year and gives them personalities that you can identify with. You can play the same draft class multiple times and you’ll never have the same experience twice. I can’t wait to see the look on your faces when the next Andrew Luck decides to come back for his senior year and actually pulls himself out of this year’s draft class and shows up next season!

In the Draft, Trey Wingo will recap each story as the player is picked to really drive home that connection.

Again, no other game has ever done anything like this. We’re changing everything.

Building Your Legacy and the Hall of Fame

In the past, there were only two ways to compete head to head in career modes. You either matched up on the field or you tried to win the Super Bowl so that you could prove to the rest of the online franchise that you were the best team in the league.

In Connected Careers, you have the ability to compete in a new way.

Everything you do in your career contributes to your Legacy Score.

If you break the record for rushing yards in a single game, your Legacy Score will increase.

If you win the Super Bowl, your Legacy Score will increase.

Make the Pro Bowl? Your Legacy Score will increase.

Win the MVP? Your Legacy Score will increase.

Manual and In-Season Progression

For the first time in the history of Madden NFL, you have the ability (as a coach) to progress your players whenever you want. CPU teams will progress their players throughout the regular season for the first time since the Xbox/Ps2 days. Oh by the way, potential has been removed from the game. Any player can become a star in Connected Careers. There are no limitations. And yes, we’re tuning it to make sure that doesn’t happen to CPU teams.

Offseason Free Agency

Offseason free agency was designed with online leagues in mind, so it’s now a stage based event that allows you to offer a player a contract and then advance the stage. If I had to guess, this will lead to plenty of overspending in online careers.

Salary Cap

We have a fully functional salary cap that increases every year. Just like you’re used to in offline franchise mode.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by LethalNtention; 06-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Another tidbit ....

"And trust me, it’s YOUR team. Styles really matter in Madden NFL 13. The style of offense you run, the type of coach you proclaim to be, all impact how players fit into your scheme. Players are rated dynamically based on the team for which they play. That’s right, a 3-4 OLB will no longer be plug and play into a 4-3 scheme without taking a potential ratings hit. It also makes trading more interesting. You have no idea what that player you have on your trading block looks like to the other team. He could be a 71 OVR WR for you, but he jumps to a 75 OVR in another coach’s scheme. It is the new aspects of the game like this that give you that unique organic feel to player movement."

That sounds like our leagues dream come true, except for the only thing missing is if the commish can sim games.

Now my nightmare.. Im wondering if I was suppose to go to E3 today and forgot!!

Oh my god...if this works it will be amazing!

Hopefully it's the real deal. They had some top notch guys working on this for two years so I am optimistic.

BLKGERM is offline Formerly Ch4rger by way of Niner Cum Laude AKA NCAATEEN
    So, we could see someone not on the rosters, just come back from retirement??

I think PRIMETIME could make a brief comeback for his hometown team; Tampa Bay!

I.E; Don't mind the attachment. Messed up when I was trying to post a picture of Deion Sanders
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BLKGERM; 06-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    First Touchdown in Charlotte 49er Football History

Madden 25: Season 3 Franchise Philadelphia Eagles (5-7-0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECxrE...ature=youtu.be

Cool vid that shows the commish options and the process to start the fran from coach mode.

Player progression can be adjusted ?!? Thats cool ! We wouldnt have to wait until the next season to see our rookies go up a bit. I like that.
    Xbox 360 League - Daaa Raidersss

Season I : 9 - 7
    Season II : 12 - 4
    Season III : 9 - 4

Xbox One League - Tennessee Titans

Season I : 12 - 4

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleFingaz View Post
    Player progression can be adjusted ?!? Thats cool ! We wouldnt have to wait until the next season to see our rookies go up a bit. I like that.
    Yeah... The commish can set it to improve/decline weekly, every 4 weeks or at the end of the season. I hope we do weekly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't bought madden in a couple of years but if all of these improvements come to fruition I may have to get it. I have played in alot of NCAA leagues/dyns but never a Madden league/franchise, how hard would it be to join one on this website if I wanted too.

Quote Originally Posted by worden82545 View Post
    I haven't bought madden in a couple of years but if all of these improvements come to fruition I may have to get it. I have played in alot of NCAA leagues/dyns but never a Madden league/franchise, how hard would it be to join one on this website if I wanted too.
    Depends on how many draft points you have... But the game does look like the real deal. This league normally has big points at the top of the bidding war and a few guys that end up on the waiting list. I might end up being on the waiting list next year..lol. I am not going to have many points, so save your points.

A few other tidbits I've picked up from various twitters:

-You can trade future draft picks
    -you cannot import ncaa draft classes this year

So are far as progression goes, will it actually take into account of the stats we generate with said player. Unlike the previous years where we can have 2000 yards rushing and no improvement..

Quote Originally Posted by Nutech310 View Post
    So are far as progression goes, will it actually take into account of the stats we generate with said player. Unlike the previous years where we can have 2000 yards rushing and no improvement..
    Yes, progression ratings are no more. It's all based off performance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast